Panther Logo 101_03


ITIN Assistance in Texas

Individual Tax Identification Numbers

An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have and are not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA). An ITIN does not authorize work in the U.S. or provide eligibility for Social Security benefits or the Earned Income Tax Credit.

For more information from the IRS on ITINs click here.

Certified Acceptance Agent

At Panther Financial Services we are a Certified Acceptance Agent. As such we can assist the IRS in the processing of the Form W-7 by authenticating the required documents for the ITIN program. At Panther Financial Services, we are authorized to assist individuals and other foreign persons who do not qualify for a Social Security Number but who still need a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to process a Form 1040 and other tax schedules. Our ITIN specialists facilitate the application process by reviewing the necessary documents and forwarding the completed forms to IRS. We do this exclusively via video conference interviews as a convenience for our clients (in person assistance is available via appointment).

What documents to I need for my ITIN application?

Documents with W-7 for ITIN:

IRS streamlined the number of documents the agency accepts as proof of identity and foreign status to obtain an ITIN. There are 13 acceptable documents. Each document must be current and contain an expiration date. IRS will accept documents issued within 12 months of the application if no expiration date is normally available. Documents must also show your name and photograph, and support your claim of foreign status. Below is the list of the only acceptable documents:


  1. Passport (stand alone document)
  2. National identification card (must show photo, name, current address, date of birth, and expiration date)
  3. U.S. driver's license
  4. Civil birth certificate (required for dependents under 18 years of age)
  5. Foreign driver's license
  6. U.S. state identification card
  7.  Foreign voter's registration card
  8. U.S. military identification card
  9. Foreign military identification card
  10. Visa (NOTE: Dependents must show a US date of entry stamp on their visa)
  11. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) photo identification
  12. Medical records (dependents only - under 6)
  13. School records (dependents only - under 14, under 18 if a student)

Book an appointment or contact us by phone or email!

We look forward to assisting you with all your financial needs.